Thursday, March 12, 2009

Troy is the Greatest



Why I love this guy:

Troy has a proposal deadline coming up at work and he has been working non-stop for the last 2 weeks. I mean non-stop, as in his only break is when he sleeps at night. He usually has his 40 hours by Wednesday, but continues working long days through the weekend. I feel so bad for him, but there is not too much I can do.

He also feels bad for me because I don't get a break from Erica. I know I only have one kid and I know this is only temporary, but I just don't know how other women do this all the time. Despite all of Troy's work obligations, he still found the time to help me get a break.

Yesterday, he arranged a baby sitter and he made an appointment for me to get a professional massage. I've never paid for a massage before. I always thought they were way too expensive and I could never justify the cost. He found this place where you get an hour long massage for only $35. It was the greatest investment ever!!! I think everyone should treat themselves to one of these now and then. If you live in the Tucson area, I recommend "Heavenly Feet".

It gave me a much needed break and the whole time I kept thinking about how much I love Troy for doing this. Now I just have to come up with a way to help him out. Ideas?

In other news, I took my legal ethics test last Saturday. I will get my score in 5 weeks. Now it is time to start studying for the bar. My blogging is going to be slacking in the next few months while I study.

Erica turned a year and a half. She started going to nursery at church. I will do a post about her after her doctor's appointment next week.

P.S. Sonja, Troy is growing out a beard just for you. It should be much bushier by May 16.

7 comments:

Lesley said...

That sounds like something Troy would do! How cool.

I sure hope you passed that ethics exam... best of luck with the bar! Scott tells me you used to study for the bar at their softball games in SLC. Maybe you should find a study scene like that in AZ. :)

MollyE said...

Wow, what a great hubby! One time I got a chocolate massage. They rub this chocolate goop all over you. The smell was so crazy! Anyway, I KNOW you would like that!

kellie said...

That's love defined for sure!

julie said...

what an awesome guy! massages are wonderful -- chris sent me for one when i was pregnant with lindsey and it was heavenly. i hope you think of something wonderful to do for your hard-workin' man.

The Jo's said...

That's perfect! The wedding is caveman theme!!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! I didn't know he did that. I am glad you got a break, you needed it!

Mindi said...

What a great husband. That is so sweet that he thought of that. I'll have to find out where that place is. I think I need to have a visit there too!