Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's Official

I am a licensed, active attorney for California. Here's the quick story: When I graduated from law school, I still didn't know where we would end up. I had hopes of moving to California, so I took the California Bar in July 2004 and passed. However, I never got admitted to practice law because I didn't want to pay the annual fees if I wasn't living there.

Well, there is a 5 year limit after you pass the test, to take the admission's oath, otherwise you have to take the test again. There was no way I would ever do the California Bar again, so my family all headed down to UPS today and paid the notary $2 to swear me in. It was really quite informal, especially with Troy chasing Erica down the sidewalk while it happened. Here's the best picture we could get to remember this important day. I did get a donut, at least, to celebrate.


In other news, do you remember this great pool from the last two summers:


Well, it is amazing the things the Arizona sun will do to your possessions. It literally baked the rim of the pool and made it crack. Here is what's left:



We actually got a new, smaller pool for Erica. We'll get some pictures up soon when it is set up. Can't wait for summer and swimming. I'm freezing in this 60-70 degree weather. (:

11 comments:

Holly said...

Congorats on the CA bar jazz! Now all you have to do is pass the AZ one.

Stupid AZ sun - it's nasty & mean to everything outside. Poor PVC products.

Nicole said...

Congrats congrats!! That's awesome. Maybe someday you'll be in CA. ;)
Bummer about the pool...we were hopeing to come for a swim!! And I am VErY jealous of your 60-70 degrees...it snowed here the other day. :( spring come quickly!!!

Whitney Palmer said...

Congrats on your license! DOes that mean you're moving to Cali?

Forest said...

Awesome. You can be my lawyer if a student ever sues me :) .

Lesley said...

Congratulations! Way to go. Nothing like a celebratory donut to seal the deal.

So is that new, smaller pool an inground one? Or is that the old one in the ground?

Andi said...

Congrats! And just yesterday, Paige said "I really want to go jump on the tramp and swim at Erica's". Maybe we'll have to get the big pool this year?

Mindi said...

Congratulations Nancee!

That poor pool. I wondered how long one of those would last in AZ. Good to know;)

Rick and Eden said...

Congrats! Maybe someday you guys will end up in CA.

alexandra said...

And we recently mailed off your Az bar letters. I am so impressed you took the Ca bar. It must have been awful. I will never take a bar exam again.

Unknown said...

congrats! but stay in tucson!

MollyE said...

Well, that is very exciting! Passing the CA bar really is a huge accomplishment! Good luck on your next one!