Saturday, March 21, 2009

Erica turned 18 months old on March 10th. We didn't do too much to celebrate, but I thought I would put up a few thoughts about her at this time in her life. This last month she seems to have grown up so much. She is really starting to mimic our words:


What Erica Says...........What Erica means
Te-Te.............................Cookie
Cookie.............................Circle
Bark-ee..........................Barney----one of her favorites
Bop.................................Baby Bop (also from Barney)
La-La-La.......................Elmo
(based on the song)
May May.......................Mailbox
Side................................Either inside or outside
Bean...............................Raisin
Wa-Wa..........................Water
Ka-Ka............................Color

Words she can actually say: bye-bye, milk, shoe, star, dada, mama, uh-oh, ow, bird, tutu, roo

Things she likes to do: play outside, go on walks, play with friends, color, play on the computer, watch Barney and Elmo, do shape puzzles or shape sorters, watch movies, eat cookies and marshmallows and peanuts, talk on webcam with grandparents, swing, play in rocks and read books.


She had the flu this week and threw up a whole bunch (including on mom's hair). But, that got her out of shots at her doctor's appointment.

Weight: 22.2 lbs (19%) - She was 23 lbs at urgent care last week when I dislocated her elbow. The flu seems to have caught up with her weight.

Height: 31 inches (29%) - Unfortunately, this percentage keeps dropping. I fear she has my genes for height.

Head: 48.5 cm (92%) - Wow!!!

In order for Erica to fall asleep, she likes to have a knit blanket. She puts her fingers through the holes and plays with it to soothe her. Hopefully, she outgrows this habit before the blanket is shredded to pieces.


Erica does not like to be on the ground while mom is in the kitchen. I put her up on the counter to keep her from pulling at my legs - a favorite habit of hers. She found a bag of chips while up there and seems quite pleased with herself.


My parents sent Erica an Easter basket. She was very excited about the princess pjs.


Now she is sick of me taking her picture. Notice Kayla lurking in the background? Whenever Erica is eating, the dog is not far away. Erica will sneak the dog treats when I am not looking.
When Erica is not sick, she is quite a lot of fun to be around. She is a little jokester and makes me laugh out loud a lot. She keeps me busy by moving from one activity to the next every few minutes. She loves to be outdoors, so I'm glad that we live in a warm place. She is constantly asking where her dada is during the day and immediately asks him to push her in the swing when he gets home. She is understanding quite a bit more and can follow simple instructions. She still takes one nap a day and sleeps pretty good at night. She tries most foods and eats pretty good. The only frustrating thing is that one day she will love something. So, the next day I will make up a whole bunch of it and she refuses to eat it. Just can't figure that one out yet. We signed her up for another round of gymnastics and she is already loving it. I am looking forward to doing some swimming with her this summer too. She has passed throught the, "I HATE bath" phase - thank goodness. I think bubble bath and bath crayons really helped. We love having her in our life and she truly is a joy (unless she is sick). (:

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She sure is cute! It has been really fun to watch her grow. Sorry she was sick this week. :(

Lesley said...

Happy One and a Half!

I LOVE the picture of her 'being tired of having her picture taken' .:)

Sick kids really really are the worst of the worst. Glad she is better. If my kids continue getting sick during the summer months, I am going to hurt somebody.

Julie Tegeder said...

We can't wait to see her! She is sooo cute. I can't believe how blond she is. My kids all have big heads... Noah's about 85-90 percentile, Lovi about 75th and Summer.. i can't remember. Her's is a bit more reasonable. I blame the Tegeder genes.

Stephanie said...

Happy 18 months! Such a cutie! I hate having sick kids. It can be so rough, especially the flu. Sounds like Erica likes a lot of the same stuff Cooper does. This age can be so fun, but so frustrating at the same time! :)

Shar said...

she looks like so much fun! I love all the stats you wrote down - I still need to do that for Kapria's 18-month-day.

So what are the gymnastics classes you signed her up for? Does she do well? I want to hear about that - I've wondered if I should put Kapria into some kind of class.

Oh, and where did you find the bath crayons? I've been looking everywhere and must not know the right place to look!

K is the same as Erica in so many ways. I really hope we get to see you next month and hang out. I think they'd love it!

Dangcutekids said...

I love her big smile and I can't believe she's saying so much. What a smart girl. Hope she's feeling better, and your hair is smelling better too.

Nicole said...

She is just so cute!!! I love her blonde blonde hair!! She sounds like tons of fun, it would be so great to get everyone together again someday and see all our kiddos running around together. :) Thanks for your comment on my blog, if you go back and look under those same comments, Shar left a detailed one on how to put the button up on your blog. She's so good at explaining things!
Have a great day!

Holly said...

She's such a stinker. We love having her 2 doors down. She's grown so much since we started hanging out. I love her to death - the "Little One".