Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stay-cation

Instead of going on a hypothetical vacation, we ended up having a "stay"cation last week. You know you have chosen the right place to live when you would rather stay here than go on vacation anywhere (for under $500, of course). Troy spent quite a bit of time in the yard. His latest project is installing a gate between the backdoor and the pool.


Troy also surprised me with a girl's night out. My friend, Rachel, and I spent Friday night doing a dream night out. We started with a massage at Heavenly Feet (and it was heavenly)


Then we went to dinner at:

Normally, I don't like this restaurant, but this time I just had salad and breadsticks and splurged on dessert. The donut dessert is totally worth it.


Then we went to see:

I would probably give it a B-. It was confusing at first, but then came together in the end.

Finally, we spent the night at the Courtyard Marriott:

When we got back to the hotel, we had a dozen roses waiting for us.

Hmmm, let's see - Troy worked on a installing a gate and I got one of the greatest nights I've had since Erica was born. Who got the better end of this deal? Let's just say I am so grateful for a loving and considerate husband who treats me so well.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Okay, this is just WAAAAY too cool. What a great hubby!!! And a well-deserved break for you!

Unknown said...

I agree. Our husbands are so sweet! We still need to plan something for them. Maybe for Father's Day? I am glad you just stayed home and relaxed. I'm hoping to do that this summer w/Ryan home.

The Jo's said...

Julia Roberts= F-. I normally would just give her an D-, but in this movie, she's supposed to be extra sexy and stuff. F-

Mindi said...

What a nice thing for your husbands to do. Maybe they should hold a fireside for the other fathers/husbands in the ward.