Monday, August 25, 2008

Top Ten Reasons I'm Glad We Have Kayla (our Dog)

Troy doesn't think I love our dog very much, so I thought I would dedicate a post to Kayla.
10. She is very good with kids.

9. She minds well and is very sweet.

8. She hides under our comforter (on the floor) in our bedroom at night to try and sleep in the room with us.

7. She likes to sleep on pillows.

6. She likes to lay out in the sun to work on her tan.

5. She unconditionally loves us, even after we yell at her for doing something bad (rarely).

4. She provides another form of entertainment for Erica.

3. She motivates me to run in the morning by following me around in the hopes of going out.

2. When Troy is not home, I feel safe because she barks at anyone approaching the house. Otherwise, she hardly ever barks.

1. She cleans up the floor after Erica eats.

12 comments:

Forest said...

What? No, she poops everywhere and I have to pick it up?

Unknown said...

Hey #1 is awesome, isn't it? I love that when I spill something my dogs will eat it up. Although I think my floor is messier for them being here, anyway, but oh well.

Nicole said...

Your #1 reason is THE reason why I want a dog. She is so cute!

Melissa said...

#11 she lets my kids get their doggie fix, and she's black, which to natalie makes her perfect :-)

Cristin said...

You actually brought up the only reason I would ever get a dog - safety. It would definitely help if I were home alone.

MollyE said...

Those were good, but I think I want to hear the reasons why Troy thinks you don't like the dog!

Shar said...

now I want a dog!

Rebekah said...

Who needs a vacuum when you have a baby plus a dog?

And we would love to see you guys when you come to Seattle in October! Just let us know when.

The Jo's said...

I miss Kayla!!!!

alexandra said...

I can't believe your baby is walking! She looks so much like you, Nancee.

Dogs are great. This post made a a little bit sad bc our wonderful family dog died suddenly a few weeks ago. We miss her a lot.

greg & allyson said...

hey nancee, we sure miss you guys. i hardly recognize erica. what a cutie. she's growing up so fast.

Erica said...

I think that the fact that the dog cleans up after Erica eats probably out weighs all of the complaints...am I right?