Wednesday, September 3, 2008

California Adventure

We were able to go to California for Labor Day weekend and spend some time with my parents and a couple of brothers. We had a blast and it is soooo hard to come back to real life. Has anyone figured out a way to be on vacation all the time?
Thanks to Eden's mom, we were able to get into Disneyland for free. It was Erica's first time there. She absolutely loved it. She especially loved the trains. She is pointing at the train in this picture.
I was surprised she even noticed, but she also liked the characters.
One of her favorite rides was Jungle Cruise. I think she thought all the animals were real.

Here is the family feeding ducks. It was so nice to be around family. My parents even babysat Erica one night so Troy and I could go on a date. Thank you mom and dad. We started to watch the movie, "Traitor", but I got sick from all the motion, so we returned our tickets and went mini-golfing instead. I'm trying to convince my parents to come to Tucson more often. (:
Cousins: Ashlee, Sierra, Brayden and Lincoln
Cousin Lincoln was born only 2 months after Erica. They got along great.
I also got to meet up with one of my college roommates, Moana, and her daughter, Ocean. We hadn't seen each other in over 8 years. It was so fun to see her again.
Erica loved Laguna Beach. She would charge for the water and played for hours in the sand.

14 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great trip. Erica's getting so big!!!

Shells said...

I'm so jealous. Looks like you had a nice time. We used to live about 10 minutes from Laguna Beach, before we moved to Arizona. Your daughter is very cute.

Malinovka said...

What a fun trip! I wish everyday could be a vacation too...but then a vacation wouldn't be so special! I'd LOVE to take my girls to Disneyland sometime soon. Maybe when we're done with this graduate school thing. :)

The Jo's said...

what cute pictures! you guys travel so often! I'm jealous!

Dangcutekids said...

What a fabulous trip! We're jealous.

Forest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forest said...

C'mon Nancee. You think you could let your husband know not to wear a wet suit to the beach during the summer! Where were you on that one?

Tegeders in Renton, WA said...

Wow, where;d that little blondie come from? What a great smile in that first photo on the plane! - Opa

Tegeders in Renton, WA said...

Wow, what a cutie on that first photo on the plane? Who's parents are the little blonde baby? - Opa

Melissa said...

i'm so jealous, i want to go to disneyland! don't tell the girls you went, they are already asking again now that baby william has "popped out" when we are going again...

Shar said...

that looks like so much fun! isn't it hard not being by family? i wish we lived closer to...gosh...everyone we ever loved and knew. can't we all just live in the same city? ha ha. i guess then we wouldn't have anywhere to go to visit people. or to tell stories to each other about.

I wish Erica and Kapria could grow up by each other. they are so similar it's fun to read all about what Erica is doing.

Unknown said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Raiden to Disneyland! We can be on vacation all the time after Ryan and Troy start their business and invent something cool and make millions after selling it to a large corporation. :)

Nicole said...

What a fun awesome trip! I am definitely jealous! the beach, disneyland: so fuN!!! Erica is just getting cuter with every picture. She is such a darling little girl!
Love and miss you guys! One day we'll make it out to AZ!
love ya

Charlie said...

Cool trip! I wish I could go to disneyland soon!