Sunday, September 28, 2008

Super Hero Training

Hands down my favorite dreams are always flying dreams or snowboarding dreams, or some combination of the two. Nancee, being the greatest wife, got me some flying for my birthday. She took me to a vertical skydiving wind tunnel for some real life flying experience. There's a facility in Eloy called SkyVenture, and all I can say is that it… was… AWESOME!

Two minutes in the tunnel is roughly equivalent to a 13,000 ft freefall, and I did two sessions. Beginning skydivers have to jump tandem, but not so in the wind tunnel. I got to fly detached from the instructor, though I still thought he was a little bit too “hands on.” It really felt how I imagined flying would feel. The only problem is now I totally want to do it again, and the skydiving seed is now planted in my brain…

14 comments:

Malinovka said...

WOW!! What an amazing experience!

stacey said...

hmm. that gives me a great idea for a present for norm sometime. i know he'd love it too.

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

uh oh! The seed was already planted, and Nancee just nurtured it! haha. Glad you two had fun. Oh, and Erica is walking so well now. That is awesome.

Kim said...

Yeah for Nancee! Troy...windtunnels are probably pretty safe, skydiving not so much!

The Jo's said...

No offense Troy, but if I saw a "Super Hero" flying in the air the way you were...I would just call the police instead.

That was cool to watch. How fun!

Erik said...

Ohhh Neato... I'm way jealous Troy. There are multiple Sky diving schools around Mojave, but I know if I got into it, it would be yet another expensive hobby... grrr this stupid money thing keeps getting in the way. I the roof stabing thing you did was super sweet too.

Scott said...

You guys live really close to where I when skydiving - Marana. I later heard that it has one of the highest fatality rates of any skydiving outfit in the states. So, don't go there.

Brooke said...

looks like a fun time!

Gavin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gavin said...

Sweet...monkey...that was cooler than a flying squirrel. Well done super hero guy...mighty sky...man.

Gavin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gavin said...

MAN! I'm terrible at this "leaving comment on blog" thing. Oops.

Melissa said...

that looks like he had a lot of fun! it seems so crazy though!