Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Butterfly Freedom

Yesterday we decided our butterflies were reaching maturity (meaning they were probably going to die soon), so we headed down to the pond to set them free. Erica was very excited.


She even touched one. I was very proud of her.


Sadie wasn't sure what to think.


I even touched them. I was very proud of me.


It wasn't until the walk home that Erica realized we weren't going to see them anymore. She cried and cried, then she insisted I take a picture of her crying...so here is Erica missing her butterflies.

6 comments:

The Jo's said...

Heartbroken to lose any type of animal? Hoarding bugs? Must be a Tegeder.

Julie Tegeder said...

very sweet!

M and M Madsen said...

maylee cried too...and she has those pjs! i wont let matt buy me flowers either. they just die- candy is where it is at!!

gretchen said...

That pond looks awesome! Scott is totally petrified of butterflies, so I'm proud of you and Erica! :)

Dangcutekids said...

You live in a beautiful area. I feel bad for Erica, but what a cool circle of life learning activity. You're such an awesome mom. Being a mom has taught me to hold worms and frogs and all kinds of yucky little things I never would have touched before. I plan to never hold them again when I don't have to:) You're impressive!

Dangcutekids said...

You live in a beautiful area. I feel bad for Erica, but what a cool circle of life learning activity. You're such an awesome mom. Being a mom has taught me to hold worms and frogs and all kinds of yucky little things I never would have touched before. I plan to never hold them again when I don't have to:) You're impressive!