Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Girls Update

Erica helped me with my Christmas present.


Erica has a love-hate relationship with Sadie. She either wants to do everything with her (drink milk, crawl, etc.) OR we hear, "Stop looking at me!" "Your too loud!" "That's mine!"

Sadie on the other hand has an ambivalent relationship with Erica. True to Sadie's easy going personality, I can almost see her mind saying, "Whatever."



The newest poster girl for Shelf Reliance Products. Not really, but at least it got her to eat peas one night.


Trying to get Sadie to watch movies. She's just not all that interested (another thing different than her sister). I know I should wait until she's two according to some experts (or all of them), but why deprive her of the joys of Elmo and Barney. I've really missed those characters this past year. (:


We heard about the Butterfly Garden from a friend and thought it might be nice to give the girls at least one non-princess present. It has been awesome to watch, even for us. It's amazing how they all crawled to the top and formed cocoons within hours of each other.


Then, about a week later, they pop out as butterflies. Erica is explaining their life cycle to them as set forth in the notable, "Very Hungry Caterpiller" textbook.


Some things we've had to get used to with Sadie that we didn't encounter with Erica:
1. EVERYTHING goes in the mouth, especially those with more gag-like qualities such as little pebbles, leaves, fake grass and her personal favorite - feathers. Those are hard to get out.
2. She opens cupboards and pulls things out. This is much better than crying at my legs. I love that she makes a mess.
3. She doesn't feel a need to be close to me all the time. She crawls away from me to go exploring. It's great for now.
4. She doesn't do much communicating. We are just starting to get some sounds and movements that could possibly be considered words or signs, but only to the listening parent, I'm sure. At least she is happy most of the time.
5. Only two teeth barely peaking through on the bottom. I think Erica had a bunch of teeth by now.
6. She sleeps great in her car seat.

2 comments:

Dangcutekids said...

I'm sure Erica and Mary will be best friends. They are so crazy into princesses and "loving" their little sisters. I can't believe Sadie is walking so well. She rocks! Feathers sound a little yucky though. We miss you guys!

gretchen said...

Julia doesn't have any teeth yet either, and Scott had 5 by this age! Crazy how every kid is different. :) I can't believe how grown up your girls look!! They are beautiful!