Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine Traditions

When Troy was growing up, his dad would always blow up a bunch of balloons for the kids to find in the morning. He wanted to continue this tradition and I thought it was a good idea (except the part where we blow up the balloons). So, after purchasing an air compressor, we ended up with this...


All pink, of course. The static from the dry Arizona air made for some crazy hair.


Troy has never purchased flowers for me...at my request. I always prefer chocolate. So, this was my Valentine treat this year. I was VERY happy!


Side note: As a Christmas present, I sent Troy to Seattle a few weekends ago to snowboard with his brother. Unfortunately, he hurt his knee and only got to snowboard half a day. While he was gone, Erica finally let me do her hair for church. I had to get a picture so he would believe me. It only lasted about a half hour.

4 comments:

Freckles Phillips said...

I love the hair! Great job Nance! Your V-day card is sweet...literally. I loved the butterfly pics too!

gretchen said...

I love traditions--those balloons are a great idea (but even better with the air compressor! :).

Rick and Eden said...

I love the balloon idea. I might have to steal and implement that. So fun!

Dangcutekids said...

Nance, What an awesome valentines gift from Troy. I'll have to do something like that next year.

And Troy, I love to play that little game where I make up some old "tradition" that somehow conveniently requires us to buy a new guy-toy to keep the tradition alive. Way to go!