Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Post-Christmas Activities

My main Christmas present from Troy was a "Day Off". What's that you say? Well, it goes something like this:
1. Go see a movie.
2. Go out to dinner.
3. Check into a really nice Hilton hotel for the night.
4. Go play some tennis on their fancy courts.

5. Go swim in the hot tub.
6. Go get some ice cream AND a smoothie.
7. Stay up until 3am doing girl talk.

8. Sleep in as long as I want. No monitors. No middle of the night feedings (yes, we still do that sometimes, unfortunately. Thus, the need for a "Day Off".)

9. Go get bagels.
10. Go play more tennis.
11. Go get a massage.
12. Go give my husband a big kiss.

For New Year's Day, we drove to my brother's house in Phoenix. He has 2 boys the same age as our 2 girls. The older kids play GREAT!!!


We left our kiddos the next day and took off for a wonderful snowboard vacation at Sunrise Park, Arizona. There was lots of fresh snow and we had a blast. By day 3, my body could barely make it down the mountain. I was so sore and had no endurance.


Here is a video of my snowboardin' skillz. You can check out Troy's view in the next post as he cruises down doubleblack diamonds, through the trees, at breakneck speed. Think I'm there yet?


A ginormously, huge, amazing thank you to my mom and dad for driving the girls back to Tucson and watching them for four days. We never could have done it without them. The girls had a fantastic time and so did we. Hope my parents weren't too worn out by the end of it.

4 comments:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Super fun!!! I need one of these escape days some day!

Freckles Phillips said...

Cute pics! Mom said Erica went crazy over that Barbie bathtime fetch. I knew she'd like it. Your day off sounds amazing. I want one! And I don't even have kids. And most importantly, you rock at snowboarding and make it look dang easy.

Whitney Palmer said...

That looks really fun! Im bummed I have not gotten up to any mountains yet this year. What the heck?

Anyways. Thanks for your comments and thanks for being a supporter of my blog! Hopefully itll grow into something huge with people like you!

Dangcutekids said...

I can't believe you're in AZ! You look great and have awesome form. Wish the boys and Spencer were there with you! Your day off sounds like heaven. What a great gift idea and a sweet husband to give it!