Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sadie: 2 1/2 Months

I can't believe we've already had Sadie for 2 1/2 months. This time is passing so much quicker the second time around. I don't know if it is because we've already done it or if we are so much busier with two.

The newborn stage is not one that Troy and I really love. Erica was a tough baby. She didn't sleep well and wasn't very happy for the first 3 months of her life. Later we found out it was probably because she was starving. Anyway, we were expecting Sadie to be just as tough. However, she has turned out to be quite a blessing.

I've heard of people saying they had a baby that only cried if they were hungry. I didn't believe them. Well, Sadie is turning out to almost be that good. She really only cries if she needs something - food, new diaper, to be held, etc. She can usually be pacified if we put a bottle in her mouth or hold her. It's amazing. She has already given us some four hour stretches of sleep too. She is seriously such a great baby. I joke that the Lord gave us an easy baby because he wants us to have another one. (:

It is definitely tough having two babies, but we have been blessed with so much help from friends and family to make the transition easier. The hardest part is getting up in the night with Sadie and then not getting a chance to take a nap because Erica doesn't take one. Often I will put a movie on for Erica and try to sleep. She watches way too much TV right now and I feel guilty about it, but many mothers reassure me that I shouldn't. Thanks for the support. Any other ideas would be welcome.

We are enjoying the baby stage so much more than we ever thought we would. Sadie has a special bond with her daddy. It is so cute. You can already tell how much she loves him. Erica could have cared less about Troy until she was about a year old.

The latest with Sadie is that she started smiling. I love it!!! It just gets better from here on out.

5 comments:

Julie Tegeder said...

too cute!

Stephanie said...

I have a hard time with the newborn stage too. Don't be too hard on yourself for letting Erica watch tv. I think you need some time to yourself and if that is how you get it then great.

Heather said...

So cute!

Malinovka said...

Sadie is so sweet! I'm so glad this newborn stage has been treating you better than the first time around. I would have to agree with the other moms about not feeling guilty when you have to turn on a movie/tv and get some sleep! As long as she's getting some kind of attention sometime during the day, she should be fine. :)

Molly M said...

Best part of that video: Sweety little Sadie smiling. Second best part: Erica repeating the same thing over and over for the entire duration of the video clip. Love that funny girl! I wanna lillo CHESSEburger! I wanna lillo CHEESEburger!