Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 2010

Erica and Sadie are getting along great. Way better than we expected. I know that can change at any minute, but we are grateful for this time. Sadie is turning out to be that perfect baby you hear about, but don't really think exists. She seriously only cries if she has a need - food, diaper or sleep. She smiles all the time and is wonderful. It's great we had her second because we really appreciate her.


Last week, my dad, mom and sister came to visit. It was the first time my sister has ever been to our house. It was so great to have them and we hope they come back soon. The girls loved having Aunt Natalee here (as you can see by Sadie's smile), and so did we. She just graduated from Idaho State - Congrats!!!!


Erica likes to put make-up on. Surprise, surprise. We usually do a light lip gloss and maybe some blush. The rest is pretend. One day we were pretending to put mama's make-up on. Yes, I do actually own some, I just don't use it. I heard Sadie wake up and went to get her. Upon my return to Erica, this is what I found:


Erica's latest thing is to have us tell her "Erica stories". We tell her stories about things that she has done, things she's going to be doing and make up the rest. Some of her favorites involve her wearing princess dress or touching rocks that turn into diamonds. I should write a children's book at this point - We tell at least 5,000 a day.

5 comments:

Freckles Phillips said...

Thanks for the shout out! Thats a great picture of Sadie J and me. I miss her so much already! And of course, the Herica Stories.

Andy said...

Sadie is adorable! Too bad she'll be all old and stuff when we see her.

I hear you about the stories... I told a year worth of "Noah & Lovi" stories that I should have written down.

M and M Madsen said...

ha ha- we tell two of those stories a night- every night - every single day of the year. We had to set a limit of two so I didn't lose my mind. Most of ours involve Maylee saving her little sister from a T-Rex or other wild animal.

gretchen said...

I can't believe how dark Sadie's hair is compared to Erica's. Cute pictures!

Molly M said...

I miss my babies!!!! Sadie is about the cutest thing ever! I saw a baby at the store yesterday that looked and sounded like Sadie girl and it made me want to by a one-way ticket to AZ!