Monday, October 27, 2008

Ramblings

I am sick of opening my blog and seeing that picture of Erica, so I am writing something, anything to move that down from my view. It's interesting though, I didn't write one sentence on that post and I think I got more comments than ever. For those who asked, I was on my way home and the car seat washed up as good as new. This is good news because I actually bought the car seat the day before.

In other news, a little over a week ago, our ward had a "Super Saturday" activity. For some reason, I am the Enrichment counselor right now. Generally, this calling requires a lot of creativity, craftiness, etc., but those are definitely NOT my talents. I'm okay with this. I am good at other things - logical reasoning, organization, puzzles and other boring things that I love.

Well, one of the activities at the Super Saturday event was a cupcake decorating event. I have this secret desire to be a pastry chef or candy maker. I realize this desire stems more from the increased opportunity to eat sweets, especially in light of the necessary creative/artistic requirements for this occupation (see above). Anyway, I was excited to try the class out and was happily pleased with how easy it was to make the cupcakes look good. Even Troy was surprised that I did these myself.


So, here is a random question for anyone who still might be reading this post. I was speaking with my dad today and he suggested I write a book. I enjoy writing, but I've never been ambitious about writing or even looked into publishing anything. I know it is a huge and difficult process, but, if (this is a big if) I were to write something, what would people be interested in reading about? I should put up one of those voting things, but I'm too tired to figure out how to do it right now. Here are some ideas: 360 activities to do with a one year old in one day...because that is how many you need; my mission adventures in Ukraine; why it is important to eat chocolate every day; going from lawyer to stay-at-home mom; tips for unqualified Enrichment counselors; anything else.

Now it's Troy writing - I just thought I'd put a plug in for Nancee's cooking. I'm eating the BEST apple crisp I've ever had that Nancee just finished.

I'm Troy Tegeder and I approve this blog post.

8 comments:

Forest said...

I'd be most interested in your mission experiences. I think there is a website called lulu.com that works well for publishing.

Cristin said...

I'd be most interested in going from lawyer to stay-at-home mom. I think it would inspire more women to stay home to raise their children.

Shar said...

Nanc - write what you're most interested in writing right now, and you'll find that it's easier and more fun to write :) Want to do them all? Schedule a date and time to work on each. Someday when I'm not working, naptime will be my writing time. But until then...

Christy said...

I really like the idea of the 360 ideas for a one year old. Lord knows I would read it over and over. and the Lawyer things sounds good to but i don't think it was that big of a decision for you because you hated that job. call or come over. C

Lesley said...

I would read anything. I love your writing, and would dive into anything you published.

Scott put that picture of Erica as our screensaver. Ewwww. It didn't last long.

Unknown said...

haha! That is funny that troy wrote the "I am Troy Tegeder..." thing because I just wrote a bunch of emails to my family about how we should do Christmas this year, and I wrote that in my closings. anyway...I'm a dork.

Ok I like the lawyer one, and that was what I was going to suggest before I read your idea.

I've been telling myself I would write a book for years. Don't ask me how far I've gotten. :)

Julie Tegeder said...

Write a romance novel involving a teenage girl and a vampire. I bet it'll make millions!

Nicole said...

ditto shar's comment. and that last comment cracked me up. so funny. love the cupcakes!