Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mission President

For those of you who don't know, Troy and I served in the same mission - Donetsk, Ukraine. Yes, we are one of those couples. We always like to tell people we were companions or something sarcastic like that. The truth is, we only knew of each other and never even served in the same place at the same time. I even found a picture where some of the mission went out to lunch and he was sitting four places away from me. Neither of us remembered this. I just think it is funny that someone could have pointed to him and said he would be my future husband. I would never have believed it. How lucky I am, though.

Anyway, I digress. So, we absolutely LOVED our mission parents. The McQueens were the best thing about being in Ukraine. They were definitely like our second parents and still are today. They took great care of the missionaries. We are lucky enough to live less than an hour from his daughter. When they visited her last week, they stopped by our house for a little bit to visit. It was great to see them and we are so glad they took the time. We miss them!!!

3 comments:

Aubry Wilkes said...

Nancee- You don't know me. I am in the Saguaro Park ward and your post title caught my eye. My brother went to the Donetsk, Ukraine mission. He is 32 right now, so I don't know if that works out or not. His name is Aaron Bell and he was AP for while... just wondering. If not, just delete this comment. I was curious. Aubry Wilkes

gretchen said...

I agree--the McQueens were the best thing about being in Ukraine! :) So jealous that you got to spend some time with them!

Miner Notes. said...

That is so awesome that you got to be with them! I loved them too!!