Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Erica-isms

You might be a redneck if...

...you like to sit in your "Nascar" (Lightning McQueen) chair to watch the "game" (Baby Einstein), while sipping on a "cold one" (prune juice).


...your dad fixes a hole in your diaper with duct tape.


This one is not another redneck joke, but here is what I get to see all day long. It is usually accompanied with her saying, "ehhhh", which is baby talk for "pick me up."


Warning: Below is more of a journal entry for me and may be boring to anyone except grandparents.:
Actually, there are no significant milestones to post about, I've just really been enjoying my time with Erica these last few weeks. It's like she is this new person. She loves to laugh, walk around outside, play with me, etc. She absolutely loves looking at airplanes, birds, the moon, cars and motorcycles, which is why we spend so much time outside. When we are inside, she is always asking to watch YouTube videos of trains, Baby Einstein videos of trains or Baby Signing Time (thank you Melissa). She also LOVES all kinds of animals and is getting really good at making animal noises.
I kept track of little things about Erica on a calendar for the first year of her life, but now I don't have that calendar and I want to remember certain things about her. So, I will write some here.
She can sign train, airplane, car, movie, milk, juice, water, cereal (kind of), bread, dog, elephant, da-da, bath, bird, duck (sometimes), ball, shoes and diaper. She understands even more and really pays attention to trying to learn signs. She absolutely loves when I sign the ABC's. She also can say ball, duck, da-da, bye bye and shoes.
She is constantly bringing me her shoes so we can go outside. She doesn't like sitting in the car for very long. She loves to be around other kids. She laughs at animals. She gets really excited when her dad comes home from work. She loves to Skype with her grandparents. She just started getting really interested in her shape-sorter toy.
She is a little jokester that likes to play peek-a-boo and hide-n-seek. She likes me to chase after her too. She gives her stuffed animals hugs and buries her face into them. She LOVES to read and is always bringing me books. Her favorite books are about animals. She can point to her toes, knees, belly, tongue, teeth and sometimes her ears.
She is a fantastic eater. She tries everything, including rocks. She eats whatever we are having, just in smaller pieces. She is down to one nap a day. Typically she sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes a 1 1/2 hour nap in the late morning. If she is in her crib, she goes down no problem. If we are on vacation, she has a very, very hard time falling asleep in a pack-n-play.
She still loves to empty cupboards and pull all the magnets off the fridge. She is starting to figure out how to put things back, a little. She likes to terrorize Kayla - she will take her bone and bring it back to her. Erica also always tries to walk on Kayla. The dog does pretty well with her, but every now and then, Kayla will knock Erica over when she is walking by.
Erica will actually cuddle with me now and then. She never used to do that, but if she's tired enough, I can get her to lay her head against me. It is so sweet.

5 comments:

The Jo's said...

Awwwww, I miss my baby!

Cristin said...

Oh my, Luke would KILL for that chair. That duct tape picture is hilarious.

Nicole said...

I can't believe how much she is doing! This second year is just so fun with how much they learn and grow!!! Crazy that the last time I saw her in person she was only a few months old!

M and M Madsen said...

that is awesome. they seriously get better with time (is that a bad thing to say?) she can do so much now - i bet you are having a blast!

MollyE said...

you are going to be so glad you wrote all that down! I always think I am going to remember little stuff like that, but I don't! What a little cutie you have!