Sunday, October 24, 2010

What do you call 9 people in a 3 bedroom house?

Answer: Our life in October.

Troy's brother is in his 4th year of medical school and he had a one month rotation in Tucson. We convinced him to bring his wife and 3 kids along. That made for 9 people in a 17oo square foot home. Some people called us crazy, but we had a blast. We would totally do it again.

They were great house guests. They left my house cleaner than when they came. The kids entertained Erica all day long. We had constant activities and entertainment. We miss them and we are so glad they came.

If you are interested, here is some serious picture overload of the last month.

Matching dresses


I was trying to get the girls to hold up their fingers for the year, "2010". It didn't work out so well.


Trying to crawl like Sadie.


What happens when you finger paint a rock and then let your baby eat it?


Flossing was a favorite activity.


I think they were acting as caterpillars.


Skyping with Aunt Sonja.


They loved it when Troy made forts (or "forks" if you are Erica...she also calls the game chess, "chest").


Snuggling up after swimming.


Noah wanted to take a picture of Sadie's messy face.


We went to open gym.


We went to the zoo.





Watched movies.


Went boating a few times. This was after a serious microburst of a storm. Everyone was drenched. (I missed this trip because I was in Utah.)


We decorated for Halloween.


They had fun together.


They played dress-up and danced and danced and danced.



They bathed together.


We will miss them. (Ha Ha Julie. I beat you to a post.)

6 comments:

Freckles Phillips said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Sadie is looking super cute and hooray for Erica letting you do her hair! Miss you guys!

Julie Tegeder said...

Great post! I'd put a link on my blog to yours but I think my 3 readers already read your blog so I won't bother.

The Jo's said...

Yes, Erica's hair is adorable! Glad to see she is tolerating it. I so wish I could have been there. The kids are all so cute! Can't wait to see everyone in four weeks!!!

The Mortenson's said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH! Those are the cutest pictures ever! Just wish my little baby could have been a part of it! Ha, Erica is hilarious- she is seriously SUCH a cheerleader! Her cheesy smile and the pic of her holding 2 "singers" up to the camera (matching dress pic). Sadie is the cutest little thing! DAH! Wish I could have been there!

The Jo's said...

Just looked at the pictures again for the zillionth time! Such cute kids!!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, SO much fun!! We just did this with Jeff's bro and his family for the weekend, but a month . that is awesome!