Friday, July 9, 2010

These Girls Crack Me Up

(most of the time). Here are just a few random happenings I don't want to forget about.

SADIE

We love to go boating (although it doesn't happen nearly as often as we would like). I am not comfortable taking Sadie on the boat yet, so last time we went, our lovely neighbor watched Sadie for us. She has an awesome camera and captured this great picture.


Sadie is 4 1/2 months old now. She probably weighs about 13 pounds. I have her check up in a few weeks and can get more accurate stats. It's terrible, but I was so much better about keeping track of Erica's milestones. I even have playdates recorderd from Erica's first year. I am just now trying to catch up on Sadie and I only have about two things written down. It's not that those moments are any less important, its just that things are so much busier now. It really comes down to "should I feed you guys or write some things down". By the time evening rolls around, I barely get a blog post out now and then.

Anyway, as for this week, Sadie is taking 3-4 naps a day, she drinks about 6 ounces every three hours. She usually sleeps through the night (about 8pm to 6am). She is very smiley and laughs a lot. She loves to watch her older sister. Recently, she has started to demand a little more attention. Overall, she is just a very pleasant little baby and we are so happy to have her.


ERICA

What to say about this one?!! She gives me my highest highs and my lowest lows all in the same day. She is an extremely happy girl and loves to joke around if she is well-rested and in a good mood. Thank goodness, this mood is increasingly more present. She loves to dress up, play with princesses, Dora, doll houses, Barbie, etc. She has also discovered the art of picking her nose.


When she is tired or out-of-sorts, we have many challenges. She reverts to saying (meaning whining about) things we love to hear, "I can't stand up", "I can't, my legs are wobbly/slippery", "I can't...[something that she's been doing by herself for months]".

She starts dance and preschool in a month. I can't wait for her to become a little more independent and try new things. I am also anxious about how she will do with being away from mom. That has always been a challenge for her. Hopefully, the transition won't be too tough. Swim lessons has been like pulling teeth this summer. She has great teachers, but she has serious anxiety about new situations.

The other morning, I heard Erica talking in her bedroom, which she usually does after waking up. We peeked inside and she had the blanket over her head. She was singing, "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and doing the actions over her blanket. It was pretty funny.


Last weekend I decided it was finally time to clean out our couch cushions. I was fearful of what might be growing there. It ended up being the best part of the day. Everyone should do this with their kids:
1. You find all sorts of their treasures that have been missing.
2. Your dog finds all sorts of treasures to eat.
3. There is a big pile of cushions on the floor that act as a great jumping pit.
4. In the process of returning the cushions to the couch, you can build a fort.


Some Erica quotes (Aunts - help with this one):

-If I ask her to do something, "I'm busy." Hmmm, where did she learn that one?

-"Hold you me." This is a progression from what used to be "Hold you", but she has since realized that "me" should be in there somewhere.

-"You wanna read me an Erica story?" She loves when we make up stories about her.

-"You wanna share with me?" Used when she wants something you are eating.

Favorite Foods: Milk, Lucky Charms, Raisin Bran, apples, fruit snacks, raisins, ice cream, chocolate, cookies, chips, beans, meat, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, Otter Pops, watermelon

Favorite Movies: Dora, Barbie movies

7 comments:

Janet said...

I love your girls! They are so cute! I miss them! I am free for babysitting next week if you want me to!

The Jo's said...

I also love the quote "Bless you me!" after she sneezed!

The Jo's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Raiden does the singing, but with twinkle, twinkle. haha!
I know wht you mean about highs and lows. I feel like he makes me bipolar! Erica sure is cute in her tu tu! I can't believe it's already time for preschool, but I think it will be really good for her to be away from home. She will become much more independent!
Sadie sure is a sweetie. I hope my next baby in ten years (ha) is just like her!! It will be cute when she's old enough to play with erica. And fight. But that will lead to some good video footage.

Price Family said...

You have to come up here and visit soon. Sadie is so stinkin'cute I want to pinch her cheeks. I am so glad everything is going well with the girls. Motherhood is great at least every other day, right?

Angie said...

Cute girls! We definitely need to get together when school starts up again!

Unknown said...

sooo... you think a fort would be a good idea?