Saturday, February 7, 2009

Last Weekend was Awesome!!!

Even though we just had Troy's parents visit, we were lucky enough to have my parents come two days later. For Troy's birthday in September, my parents had promised to watch Erica for a weekend so we could get away and snowboard. That was supposed to happen at Christmas time, but we got sick and hardly left the house. So, we moved it to the last weekend in January.

My parents came to our house and we made the drive to the White Mountains in north-eastern Arizona. It was a beautiful 5-6 hour drive and without a baby, it was the easiest thing in the world. We left early Friday morning and snowboarded a half day on Friday afternoon. Then we snowboarded almost the entire day on Saturday. I wore out by the last hour, but Troy pushed through to the end. He knows these opportunities are few and far between since having Erica. We stayed the night, then left Sunday morning. It was seriously the greatest trip. The weather was beautiful, the snowboarding was fun and the baby-free weekend was wonderful.

This was the first time I have been away from Erica overnight. I was a little worried about how she would do, but she did fine. In fact, I think she was sad to see us come home after being spoiled by my parents. I did get to talk to her on the phone a couple times a day and I think that helped...me more than her. She learned that if she got my mom's cell phone and then signed/said "mama", then my mom would call me. What a smart baby!! (: More posts to come on my parents' visit.

6 comments:

Steve and Kalli said...

FUN!!! We just booked a bed a breakfast for this weekend in flagstaff and we're gonna go snowboarding, I am so excited! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun too!

M and M Madsen said...

awesome! and that is super duper smart that she would sign to call you!!

The Fifes said...

so cute! And i love that she'd get to summon you. :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait until we can do that! Glad you guys had fun. :)

Mindi said...

I didn't realize this was your first time over night without Erica. Good for you. Parents need that every now and then! Glad you had a good time.

Malinovka said...

You luckies!!! We've only been on one overnight trip without the kiddos. I'm so glad you got this chance. What awesome parents you have!