Monday, February 25, 2008

POOP!!

In honor of this title, this posting will all be in the color brown. For those of you who are grossed out by discussions about poop, read no further. I find these conversations somewhat interesting...sometimes.

I had a poop day. Let me explain. Erica recently started on solids and she hadn't pooped for two days. I was a little worried because I heard that I might have to give her a baby enema (Lesley). Well, this morning, she finally passed a really hard stool. I felt so bad for her. She had to strain a lot and it looked painful.

Then, I gave her a bottle, and the struggle started all over again. Only this time it involved tears. Poor girl!! So, I changed her diaper again and there was another hard stool. Well, apparently these hard stools were holding up some more mushy stuff, but she decided to wait until the diaper was off to let the rest out. The majority of it ended up on the blanket and I caught some with the third diaper of the morning. I guess it is good that none of it ended up on me. (I will take suggestions at this point on how to help with baby constipation).

Once that was all taken care of, it was already too late to meet up with friends at the park, so I took Erica and Kayla (the dog) for a run. In the 9 months I've been taking Kayla for runs, she has not pooed once. Well, of course, today she decided it was time to change that. So, I got to pick up her poop with a plastic bag during my run.

I'm looking forward to a poop free day tomorrow, or I'll even take a less poopy day.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry, I had to laugh. I hope your day is somewhat poop free tomorrow! I've been told to use baby food prunes for Cooper's constipation. Haven't tried it yet.

Lesley said...

Oh girl. That is bad.

I heard a new method for constipation! Warm bath with baking soda in it. Haven't tried it, but I hear it works wonders. But then you have to clean the tub...

Solids really threw Ian for a loop too (especially those evil sweet potatoes) but it does work itself out within a few weeks. I've found yellow squash, green beans and oat cereal help to keep the system moving.

Tell Erica Ian feels her pain. And Nancee, I totally feel yours!

M and M Madsen said...

we used baby food prunes- and it worked like a charm for us!

Messimoo said...

I LOVE poop stories. you have to have at least one with each child. It makes for lots of fun!

My little B had problems to. To get rid of the first "BIG ONES" we had to use and enema, then we went to baby prunes. Worked like a charm!

Nicole said...

Yikes! That is so unfun. But at least you had somewhere to tell the story to so you could keep from screaming (us)! I'm sorry, but I laughed. More in commiseration...I understand yucky poop stories. But,I don't know what to tell you that hasn't already been said. Love ya Nance!

The Jo's said...

I'm sorry that you have come to a point in your life where an enitre day revoloves around poo.

Rich and Natalie said...

Hi Nancee! Thanks for finding our blog. It's so good to hear from you. Gotta love those days. Jackson used to go 6 or 7 days without pooping. The Doctors said if it goes 7-10 to be worried. Let's just say by like day 4 or 5 I was worried! One time I had to give him a "baby laxative" (not in his mouth). Anyway, let's keep in touch. I'm kind of new to the blogging thing, but I've been enjoying checking yours often.

Shawn said...

I'm not ready to be a mother. Is it too late?