Monday, February 18, 2008

California - Part One

We just got back from a great trip to Southern California. Some videos are coming, but here are a few pics from our adventure.

We took Erica to Sea World for her first time. It was cold and rainy, but she did okay for a few hours. She liked the dolphins. I now know that Troy really loves Erica because he bought this picture from the Sea World photographers. If you know Troy, you know that he would never, ever do that in a million years.


She must have been really tired because she NEVER falls asleep in our arms.

On the drive home, we took a break in Yuma, AZ (the half way point) to give Erica a break from her car seat. There is an army base just outside of Yuma where they trained soldiers for WWII. They had some tanks and missiles on display. She's already preparing to be a missile engineer like her daddy.

10 comments:

Lesley said...

Looks like a fun trip! But why CA when you could go to... ta dah! Houston!:) Family. Fine. I get it. :)

That Sea World picture is great! Totally worth whatever horrendous figure they charged you. The little face Erica is making is priceless.

Miss you guys!

Nicole said...

Your trip looks fun so far! LOVE the sea world pic. and I LOVE sea world too. How fun!!!

M and M Madsen said...

Awesome pics- too cute!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Erica looks like she is getting so big. Great pictures!

Malinovka said...

It was worth it to get that cute Sea World pic that they took--but, I know what you mean about not wanting to ever pay for anything like that! I love all of the "she never does this" things that happen every once in a while. I'm glad you had a great trip!

Robyn :)

The Jo's said...

WOW! Troy, you seriously bought that?? I feel like I don't even know you anymore!! haha. It's a really cute picture at least!

I loved the picture with Erica on the missle. Troy, you're looking more and more like an actual DAD!! (Nancee, you've always looked like a mom since Erica was born) :)

Dangcutekids said...

Perfect picture for a wedding video some day, the one with the missile might make her future husband think twice! Very cute though.

Christy said...

Hey Troy there is something sick and wrong with the picture of Erika on a missile and if your friends can't tell you who can?H

I think she looks so big, hey thanks for inviting us!C

Shawn said...

These pictures are so adorable. I can't wait to travel with our baby. that might sound insane, but it just seems so fun to show your kid the world. And, I completely understand about hte Sea World picture purchase. The first time Andy and I went he bought me a mug of hot chocolate while we waited for the Shamu show. I have never felt so spoiled; my parents would never have splurged like that. It is amazing how a small and rather inexpensive gesture (or maybe expensive for hot chocolate) can make you feel so loved!

Unknown said...

What a fun trip. I love sea world. erica is growing up so quickly!