Thursday, April 21, 2011

County Fair 2011

On Monday night we made our annual trip to the (dusty, dirty) Pima County Fair. Erica was tall enough to go on a lot more rides, but not necessarily brave enough.

I used to love amusement parks, but I am finding that as I get older, I get more motion sick. For example, the Ferris Wheel. Yep, got a little dizzy on that thing. Maybe it was the 13 mph winds and my legal mind wondering how much a lawsuit would be when this thing collapsed. Erica enjoyed it as long as I was holding her tightly.


Then we skipped the kiddie roller coaster and opted for the imitation Dumbo ride. Any guesses why Erica wanted to go on this one. I'll give you a hint - PINK, PINK, PINK!. At least they were all pink.


Next we tried the merry-go-round. As soon as her horse started to move, she wanted off, so Troy and she got to spend the entire ride sitting in the carriage-type seat that doesn't move. Glad it was Troy's turn for that one.

We spent the majority of our tickets on the jumbo slide. We went on that at least 5 times. I only have video though, no pics.

She also really wanted to go on the spinny dragon thing. I volunteered Troy for this one too. Unfortunately, it was actually crowded by the time we got to it. She really wanted to go on the pink dragon (surprise!). Erica scoping out the pink one.


After waiting four turns, it was finally their turn. Of course, there was only one other person in front of her, but she chose the pink dragon. Erica ended up with the purple dragon. You can tell she is thrilled. But wait - I won't disappoint...


Troy, being the nice and patient father that he is, volunteered to get out of the purple dragon and sit out another round so she could get first pick of the pink dragon. (It looks like Troy really wanted to ride in the pink dragon too.)


We did find a cool, spinny boat ride that only made me a little sick. I had to really focus on one point. I was proud of Erica for putting her arms up.


And, the last ride was...I don't know what it was, but Erica got to sit in the pink one. Who knew I would have a daughter that loves pink so much.


To sum up Sadie's fair experience, since she was too little to go on any rides, she was either running away from us...


...or strapped in her stroller so we wouldn't lose her.


It was fun times and we will probably go back next year.

8 comments:

The Jo's said...

Awww! Erica is so big!

Julie Tegeder said...

when do we get to see you guys? coming this summer?

Spencer said...

You win the awesome parenting award for being willing to take your kids to a state fair and ride those pink things with them. The girls look like they're having a blast, so do you guys. Impressive!

Janet said...

i will come with you next year so that i can take erica on some rides while you and troy can go ride some other rides like a miny date thing i guess.

Andi said...

That's why her and Trey like each other... he loves pink too! Glad you had a good time, and Troy wins "accomodating dad of the year" Dundee award.

Freckles Phillips said...

The girl knows what she wants! Hahaha. Sadie will have more fun next year. I totally get motion sickness on rides too. Hate it!

MollyE said...

Last week I got on the swings to show my boys how good I was at pumping. I felt really sick once I got going. I was also going to show them how good I was at jumping off swings, but I gave up on that since I felt so dizzy. Geez, we are getting old.

Nat said...

You guys are better parents then we are. We never said a word to our boys about the Fair. Those rides make me nervous. I am happy that you had a great time.