Thursday, March 24, 2011

Work and the Ramifications

If you happen to read Facebook, you may have seen this picture of me trying to work a few weeks ago. I've started a solo law practice specializing in estate planning. I work part-time from home (about 10 hours a week). Some days are more successful than others. I am open to any suggestions on how to balance the mother-work roles. I enjoy both and I am still trying to figure it all out. I'm grateful to a very supportive spouse who is making this possible. He gets stuck with dishes and house cleaning a lot more than he used to.


Maybe this is what happens when mom goes to work...

Sadie becomes a daddy's girl.



My kids may be seen with baggie clips as accessories to their clothing.


Erica has to teach Sadie how to walk.



We get great visitors, like Aunt Alice and RP. Okay, that really has nothing to do with my work, but we are glad she came to visit.


Erica gets a little more frustrated with mom not spending every waking moment taking care of her.


I have to come up with things to keep the kids occupied, like swimming in March...and yes, Sadie is eating a rock in this picture.

2 comments:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

I think what I love most is the picture of the kids in the little pool and then you scroll down to "snow day". Gotta love Arizona!

Molly M said...

Brad: As an oral health care provider, I have to object to the consumption of such insoluble minerals (ie:rocks)