Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Fairy Princess

You would think that such a girly title could only mean that Nancee is writing this post. Well, actually, if you knew Nancee you would know that she isn't girly enough for such a title. And since Erica thinks that "flowers" start with the letter "G" and all Sadie can do for communication is grunt and spit, that leaves Troy as the author by reasonable deduction. Yes, I shelved my space ship shoot-em-up game to make a Fairy Princess app. And I happen to be proud of it.

Check it out in the app store!

Also check out my new website for all my apps, www.tegtap.com

It started with us trying to find a good princess game in the app store for Erica, only to find they were all lame. In these other apps, the princesses just stood there in the same motionless pose the entire time, and the clothes all had the same pose. Plus it was hard for Erica to navigate. So I tried to fill that empty princess app void by making a cool, 3D-animated, interactive, easy-to-use princess dressup game. Thank you, Nancee, for getting me my wacom tablet. I wouldn't have been able to do the artwork in this app without it.

Here are some screen shots:



Video:



For a little while, it creeped up to be the #105 ranked app in the Kids Games section of the app store today! Thanks to all my family and friends who have helped spread the word via facebook, blog, email, phone, word, and/or telepathy. I really appreciate it. It would be great to get the extra visibility that comes from being in the top 100.

Thanks for checking it out, and tell iPhone/iPod/iPad owners with little girls about this app... or any iPhone owner who secretly likes fairy princesses.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

Wish I had an Iphone. That looks great Troy! So talented!

Janet said...

I love it. I am 13. I won't deny that it is so much fun to play.

Andi said...

I'll have to download next time I add more games to my iTouch. Good luck making it into the top 100!

The Mortenson's said...

Still cant believe you friggin' MADE that game! So talented! You rock!