Sunday, August 8, 2010

Preschool

I have been waiting almost 3 years for this day and it was all that I had hoped for. (: Doesn't that make me sound like a terrible mother? If it helps, Erica had a good time too.

Erica started preschool last week with Ms. Laura. She goes 2 days a week for 3 hours each day. She is in with a great group of kids. The kids are all older and will be starting Kindergarten next year, so she is very "mothered" by the other girls. She's young enough that she actually loves this kind of attention.

Her teacher is wonderful too. She has all sorts of activities for the kids, worksheets, play time, animals and the most important - princess dress-up clothes. I think for Erica it is just one big playdate right now. However, she was able to tell me the sound that the letter "C" makes, so I think she is learning too.


While she is gone, I spend my time working on legal stuff and taking care of Sadie. I have loved this one-on-one time with Sadie. I'm also loving the time to do a little bit of work. I love Erica, but she is ready to have a few days with friends and structure. I'm ready for a few hours to do my own thing too. Then, she is so tired when she gets home, she has started napping again. It's just been awesome is the best way to describe it. I hope it stays that way!!!

9 comments:

Price Family said...

It's all fun and games until she heads off to junior high!

Holly said...

I know that dress!!! I'm glad she's going to school - she needed that. AND, you needed it too. She'll learn how to function without you and then her independence will soar.

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M and M Madsen said...

Awesome awesome awesome! So proud of both of you- such a big step! I am glad she likes it and that is amazing that she is with all those older kids- one smart cookie!!
ps. I have no music talent at all! Just the most random calling ever known to man, but I really like it.

Mindi said...

Ha. I felt the same way Nancee! I love when my kids are in school. It does help to know that they are in a safe place with good teachers and are enjoying it!! I hope she continues to love it. Enjoy your "me" and Sadie time!

Andi said...

No, not a terrible mother. Because that would make me a terrible one too! Glad she had a good first week!

Nicole said...

SO fun!! She is getting so big!! And you are NOT a bad mom to be looking forward to preschool!!

Angie said...

I 2nd what Andrea said. I think we all need a little "space" from our children once in a while and it makes us better mothers in the end.;)