Monday, December 14, 2009

The Worst Interview Question Ever

This past weekend, Troy's sister, Sonja, and her husband, Jordan, came to visit. Jordan had an interview at a school in Mesa and they asked the following question. How you would respond?

"A dump truck pulls up to your house and dumps the biggest pile of paper clips you have ever seen in your front yard. The driver pulls away and you have no way of getting a hold of him. What do you do with all the paper clips?"

I am glad my future does not rest on such silly questions.

We were so glad to have them visit. Erica loved playing with them. We even celebrated Jordan's birthday while they were here.



As you can see, she LOVED her Uncle Jordan. We hope he gets into the school here.


We've also been prepping Erica for Christmas. She is catching on quickly and already loves to open presents. We just did a gift exchange with the neighbors and she was lucky enough to score some Dora dolls and fairy movies.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

My answer is sell them for scrap metal... I don't even know if you could do that but that's what my answer would be!

Cristin said...

I want to hear how he answered that! I would say, call the cops!

Forest said...

That is a lame question. Here's what I would tell them:

"I would light them all on fire!"

Like I tell my students, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people who ask them.

(Actually, I never have said that.)

stacey said...

What degree is he applying for?
I had the same response as Tennille, sell them for scrap metal. If I was an artist maybe I'd use them to create some cool modern art and make money that way.

Mindi said...

I love the last picture of Erica looking at the DVD. What a great look on her face. Sounds like a wonderful time with family. It sure does look like Erica loves her uncle!

Put them all together and have the worlds largest paper clip chain?

The Jo's said...

....she loves her aunt SoSo too, right...riiiight? haha. Just kidding. Jordan is more fun.

Unknown said...

What?! What was his answer?

Freckles Phillips said...

Cute!! When will he find out if he gets in? When does Sonja graduate from Oklahoma? Maybe Erica will have lots of Aunts and Uncles in Arizona!

Andy said...

I hope he said "reconstruct the Eifel tower." I'm pretty sure that's what they were looking for.

Andi said...

Find the largest magnet to clean them up fast!? You know I couldn't handle having paper clips in my front yard.