Thursday, September 17, 2009

Five things that happened in August

1. Troy finished the wall. Yay!!!!


2. The fake grass arrived and it took a couple of guys to move the 700+ pound grass to the back yard. More pictures coming of the installation. We are SOOOO happy to have grass, especially Erica. She loves to run around on it barefoot. Can't blame her - it is better than rocks.


3. Troy took a much needed break and went to California for the weekend to surf with his brother. While he was gone, Erica and I visited my brother's family and their new home in Surprise. We had a wonderful time and we are glad they are so close.

4. While in the Phoenix area, we visited the Rainforest Cafe. Erica LOVED her cousin Lincoln and the restaurant. We still talk about all the animals.


5. Also in Phoenix, Erica had her first professional haircut. It was badly needed. I was very worried about how she would do, but it went okay. We talked about it A LOT before hand, they let her sit in an airplane, she got to watch Nemo and they gave her a sucker. Who wouldn't love it? I wish they had a place like this in Tucson.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

What a fun August!!! The wall looks awesome, way to go Troy! Now I want to see pics of the grass too. Erica is getting cuter and cuter.

Janelle said...

You are going to love that grass! The wall looks great. I'm going to have to see it in person!

Unknown said...

The wall looks awesome! Good job, Troy. They might have a place like that in Tucson, but it is IN Tucson. Hence, it is like going to PHX for us.

Mindi said...

I use to take my kids to a place like that in Boise. The kids loved it. The thing that amazed me was how fast they were at cutting little kids hair. I guess when that is all you do, you get very good at it. The wall looks great. All the hard work really paid off. I can't wait to see pictures of the grass. I need to research that! Glad you had a good month. I hope I get to see you in September!

Andi said...

Can I come play on your grass until we get nice winter grass? :)

Love the haircut kid places. Erica is turning into quite the little girly princess... just like her mom?