Saturday, September 19, 2009

Erica Turned Two

Erica just turned two!!! Yeah!!! I am loving this age. It is seriously so much better than the newborn stage. I love that she can communicate better, she is more independent, she likes to go do things, etc. I know I am in the minority, but I love to see her grow up. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few more years. Of course, along with the good, there has come a new surge of independence and stubborness, but I like dealing with this so much better than uncontrollable or inexplicable fussing.

I spent the week of Erica's birthday watching my cousin's three kids. They are elementary school aged and I didn't have Troy with me. Thank goodness these kids are amazing and it was actually a pretty easy week. They were great with Erica and they were gone to school all day. I did gain an appreciation for this stage of my life because I still have so much flexibility with Erica. Between school, activities, music lessons and homework, these kids were busy all day long. It was a great week, but I was tired by the end. We miss these guys.




We didn't do too much for her birthday, except have a Dora cake and open a few gifts. The youngest girl helped decorate Erica's cake. If anyone knows of my struggling artistic talent (Troy will admit to this), they will know that this cake looks much better than anything I could have done.


She was a little cleaner this year in eating her cake. We definitely have a lefty.


Troy joined us online through Skype for the festivities. Notice him in the background on the computer.


She loved her Barney doll, some Hannah Montana musical instruments and chapstick from her Grandma Tutu.


Before we left on our babysitting adventure, our neighbor brought over a bagful of birthday goodies for Erica. She was very excited about the bows and Panda movie.

11 comments:

Steve and Kalli said...

I just had a pang of sadness not being there for Erica's birthday. We were there for the birth and birthday number 1. I can't believe its already been two years! We miss you guys. Come see us soon!

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Erica!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Erica! Wish we were there.

Freckles Phillips said...

So cute! She is looking more and more like Molly I think.
I'm glad she liked the stuff from "grandma".... :)

Steve and Megan said...

I can't believe Erica is two. What a fun age! She's so cute.

Another law firm bought the old building at Jamestown and totally remodeled it. The open house was last week. Steve Quesenberry and some of the staff and I went to check it out. We passed your old office. It made me think of you.

Anyway, hope all is well!!

The Jo's said...

I love the picture of her and Barney! So cute!

Mindi said...

It seems so crazy that she is two!! Sounds like you guys have really had a busy but fun summer.

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday, Erica! You're right, she is at a fun age. (Although, my Cooper is a handful!) I love how excited they are just to eat cake and with whatever presents they get.

M and M Madsen said...

Happy Birthday Erica! I am with you on the older is better!

The Boston Family said...

Happy Birthday Erica! I love her photos! She's a beauty! How are you Nanc? What happened w/ the bar? love you.

gretchen said...

Happy Birthday Erica! :)