Thursday, April 23, 2009

County Fair

On Monday we took Erica to the county fair. She LOVED it way more than I thought she would. Thank goodness our neighbors were with us because Erica was too short to ride alone and I was too big to get on the rides. So, Erica got to try her first rides with ney-ney. I am surprised she didn't get scared. In fact, she was smiling most of the time.


Petting an elephant. We opted not to pay the $10 to sit on him and walk around in a circle. Although, we did opt to pay way too much money on rides and cotton candy. I guess that is just the nature of overpriced fairs and the 97 degree heat going to my head.




Riding a HUGE slide. I think I was more scared than the girls.


The obligatory fair picture.

Pooped by the end of the day.

5 comments:

Holly said...

We had sooooo much fun with you guys. Can't wait until next year... you get to take the pictures though.

alexandra said...

I hate fairs. There is just something soul killing about walking around in Va heat and humidity watching traveling rollerskater performers (and their daughter!) and farm animals that are about to get boxed up and driven to another location. But if my kids have fun, it's great! :)

Your baby girl looks so much like you! I love all that white-blonde hair, too.

Unknown said...

oh man! This was the worst week to have to study. I missed out on the cotton candy!! haha It's sad that that is what I am sad about missing.

Nicole said...

Looks like SO much fun!
Sorry to hear about Troy's grandma, although she sounds like a really neat woman who lived such an amazing and full life!

Sydney Paige said...

me and erica she probley had fun on the big slid. evrething we did was fun.was that fun or what.