Monday, April 7, 2008

Last Week Sucked

This is just a venting stream-of-thought blog, so don't read any further if you don't want to hear me complain. Last week just plain sucked!! It started off with Troy in the emergency room (see below) on Tuesday. Then, on Wednesday night I started feeling sick. At 2 a.m. I started throwing up, having stomach cramps, started my period, had a headache and all sorts of other fun stuff. I was in bed ALL day and could not move to pick up Erica. Even though Troy was in the emergency room just 2 days earlier, he took care of Erica all day Thursday to help me out. He was still sick, just less sick than me that day. He ended up feeling worse the next day.

Also, on Thursday morning we found out that the airline with which we bought our tickets to Hawaii this summer declared bankruptcy and they were not flying anymore. Thank goodness we were able to get a refund, but we ended up having to pay a couple hundred more dollars on another airline to schedule the same trip. Plus, we had a trip planned this week and ended up cancelling it because we were so sick.

Well, Thursday night Melody H. took Erica for about 2 hours and we slept. That was the greatest 2 hours. I ended up calling my mom in Idaho and begging her to come down for the weekend because we could physically not take care of Erica. She got on a plane an hour later. What a wonderful mother. She showed up Thursday night and all weekend took care of us. She shopped, cooked, watched Erica and cleaned. It was lovely to have her here and I don't know what we would have done without her. To show our thanks, we gave her the flu on Sunday and she ended up staying another day. She feels better now and we hope her flight home goes well. Thanks Mom!!!! Erica misses you. So do we.

8 comments:

Lesley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MollyE said...

Wow, I can't believe all that you have been through! I'm so glad your Mom was able to come. I hope you and Troy are doing better. I'm glad it wasn't anything serious, well, you know what I mean. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

That was so nice of your mom to take care of you. I always hope when I get sick that we aren't both sick. That would be hard. I hope everyone is doing better.

Steve and Megan said...

Wow! Sounds like a really rough week. I am so sorry. Hope you all get feeling totally better soon!

gretchen said...

Ugh--what a crazy, awful week!! :( I'm glad to hear you're both feeling better now!

julie said...

wow. i am so sorry to hear how rough things have been for you guys. but isn't that so amazing that your mom came just like that. what a great mom. and so nice of you guys to share your germs with her! i hope everyone's all better really soon.

Andi said...

I guess that means this week can only be better? It's only uphill from here...

Erica said...

Thank Goodness for Moms!! What an awful April you have had! Hopefully you have had your turn with the "ick" and you can be done with all of that for awhile. NO FUN!