Thursday, March 4, 2010

More Pictures

A visit from Auntie Melisa on Saturday morning. She is expecting any day now.


She brought me these beautiful flowers, which were lovely to look out when you are sitting in bed for 2 days.


Erica and Troy came to pick Sadie and me up on Sunday morning. Before we left the hospital, Erica had to sing "Popcorn Popping" to Sadie.

Some friends brought us lots of food to eat that night and had decorated our door. They even took Erica for a few hours to give us a break. It was wonderful.

When we got home, we had a Big Sister celebration for Erica. She requested a big, pink, frosted cupcake.


I even got a surprise mint cake. Yum!!!


On Tuesday morning, Erica showed a little more interest in Sadie and actually wanted to hold her. I didn't have time to comb her hair, but here is our first informal photo shoot.




Troy took the week off work and has been amazing Mr. Mom. He's been doing all the dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc. He takes the night feedings. He plays with Erica. Is there anyway I can keep him home every day? This week is going way too fast. Sadie absolutely loves her dad and he is so cute with her. I always catch him cuddling her whenever he can and jumping up to take care of her.

The problem is that I think she likes him better. On the two times where I've been in charge of Sadie on my own, she does nothing but cry. I was up for 4 hours last night with her to give Troy a break. As soon as he took over, she's been an angel ever since.


Troy giving Sadie her first bath on Tuesday.


Getting ready for a real photo shoot. We did that this morning. I will post a link as soon as they are ready. I can't wait to see them.

11 comments:

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

Sister Tegeder, I am always happy to come and help you with Erica. If there is a day duing break that you could use an extra set of hands, I'd be more than happy o help!

kellie said...

I think that Troy just gets Sadie after she's worn herself out with you, and so she just APPEARS to like him more....

Erica said...

Congrats on another beautiful baby! Love the name and all. Also, LOVE the picture of you after delivery...you look Fabulous...quite the war story there...you beat me...1 hour and 45 minutes...you have GOT to be kidding!?!?

The Jo's said...

Hecca looks HUGE!!!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Wow she looks so Tiny especially getting her bath. I would say take advantage of her liking Troy at the moment. My daughter was such a momma's girl it was HORRIBLE. Okay...maybe a nice balance is needed.

-Sandy Weber

Malinovka said...

I loved seeing these photos, and can't wait for the "official" ones. You look great. I'm so glad Troy has been able to be home with you as you all adjust. Jolie was the same way with her Dad, and she's still a Daddy's girl.

Annie said...

I'm so glad both you and Sadie are doing well! I can't wait to meet her in person...hopefully before she's 5 or 6.

That last picture of Erica and the dog made me laugh out loud--I love it!!

Andi said...

It's so exciting! And the pictures Reyna took... beautiful!

Unknown said...

Kayla and Erica must be waiting for the same treat,,, whatever it is, you really should market it because it appears to be fabulous.

julie said...

congratulations to both of you. your daughters are beautiful. i love that photo of troy bathing sadie -- she looks so tiny! and thanks for keeping it real with that right-after-birth photo of you -- real women look like they've been through hell afterwards, right?