Friday, February 26, 2010

Sadie Jane

You know all those pictures of women who have just given birth, yet somehow their hair looks nice, they have makeup on and they look fantastic. Well, this is what you really look like after giving birth:


Here's the labor story. I am 3 weeks early. Last night I started getting some Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing serious. A few contractions woke me up in the middle of the night, but again it was not anything consistent. This morning, I couldn't walk around without feeling pressure and it was really uncomfortable.

7am - Texted my lovely neighbor to see if she could watch Erica all day.
7:15am - I've had 3 contractions by now. I tell Troy to get Erica over to the neighbor because we had to leave for the hospital. I wasn't sure if I was in labor yet, but with how fast Erica came, I wanted to be safe.
7:45am - We are on the road to the hospital. This is seriously the longest drive of my life. The hospital is normally 45 minutes away, but Troy was going over 85. He even got flashed by the photo-cop. Go Troy.
7:55am - By the time we got on the freeway, I knew this was the real deal. I layed in the back of the Jeep trying not to freak out like last time. I really worked on breathing and focusing.
8:15am-I am dying of pain and we are still not to the hospital.
8:25am-We arrive and I climb into the wheelchair. They wheel me into the room and I am begging for an epidural. That's all I want. Drugs, drugs, drugs. They check me and say it is too late. The baby was crowning and it was time to push. My doctor wasn't even there yet.
8:30ish-The on-call doctor breaks my water and it surprisingly feels better. For a moment.
8:35-My real doctor shows up and for some reason that makes me feel so much better.
8:45-After ten minutes of excruciating pushing, Sadie Jane came into the world and is beautiful.



She was 6 pounds, 10 ounces and 18 inches long.

I remember that when Erica was born, Troy had such shaggy hair. I've been meaning to cut it this time around, but when you are nine months preggo, you don't feel like standing on your feet for that long. So, here is the proud, handsome dada, unshowered, with shaggy hair and all.


Here she is with her eyes open. I had a horrible migraine after giving birth and it took at least an hour for it to go away. A little medication and food did the trick. I feel so much better this time around.


They are now letting family members under 12 come to the hospital again. Our neighbor brought Erica over for a few hours. I was surprised at how well Erica did with Sadie. I'm sure that will change soon, but she was super cute with her.
Helping to feed Sadie:


Thank you sha-sha for saving us!!!


Our first family photo.


My girls. Erica kept commenting on how pretty my hospital "dress" was and that I am going to marry a prince in my dress. I figure anyone that would marry me in this get-up was definitely a prince.


I love technology. I gave birth less than 12 hours ago and here I am at the hospital blogging about it. That is amazing.
When we phoned our parents to share the good news, we found out that my dad went to the hospital at the same time. He had surgery today and is recouping from some kidney stones. He seems to think he is in as much pain as I was. We will never know.
Thanks for all the emails, texts, facebook comments and phone calls. We appreciate all the love. We are all doing well, just tired.

33 comments:

Heather Rice said...

Go Nancee!!! You are amazing! Sadie is absolutely beautiful! I loved hearing your story and I am so happy for you and Troy. Congratulations!

Nicole said...

Wow Nancee! You are awesome. I can't believe how fast your labors are, YAY for you!!! Congrats- she is so absolutely beautiful and we are so thrilled for you guys. Love her name, too. SO cute!!! Good luck thanks for sharing all the details. I love reading everyone's!

Freckles Phillips said...

Awww I love her already! She is super cute. Proud of you for posting the "real" photo hahah. Erica is already such a sweet big sister! Can't wait to meet Sadie Jane.

Freckles Phillips said...

P.S. I hope short labor is hereditary! :)

Hizzeather said...

Congratulations guys! That first picture made me laugh, but you seriously look beautiful in the other photos! :)

Unknown said...

Oh she is just darling. I love your birth story. Our Sadie Joy came into the world quickly too. I was dialated to a 9 when I checked in. I empathize with no drugs . . .

Steve and Kalli said...

Wow that was fast! I can only hope my babies come that quickly! She is beautiful, congratulations!

Cristin said...

Congrats! What a champ!! That is how people are supposed to look after labor - like they ran a marathon. You just "ran" it super fast!

Unknown said...

Wow, it's like looking at a baby Troy again!!! We will be down soon.

Molly M said...

Yay for baby Sadie! I cant WAIT to meet her! I'm so glad you are feeling better this time around. She is so friggin' adorable! Wonder if all that dark hair will turn crayon yellow like Ericas in a year. So much fun!

Forest said...

That was an exciting birth story! Makes me glad that we live about 10 minutes from the hospital.

Just like you, Paige's births happen pretty fast and they get faster each time.

That would be some serious adrenalin to worry about not getting there in time!

Your baby is beautiful, congratulations :)

M and M Madsen said...

Wooooow! I seriously can't even believe it- that was such a cool story. Natural Birth- wow!
She is adorable and for giving birth without drugs you look amazing yourself! Way to go!!!

Rena said...

She's absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

Julie Tegeder said...

super cute baby! she looks so sweet. Noah says "I wish they'd put more pictures on"

The Fifes said...

wow! I love hearing birth stories!! Congratulations!!

Dangcutekids said...

She's gorgeous! A HUGE congratulations. You are an amazing trooper. What a perfect name too. Sadie and Erica are definitely sisters. They look so similar, and look so sweet with each other.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you all. I love my new little country gal, Sadie Jane! Im going to grow her some corn and teach her how to wrastle them doggies.

Love you guys!~Ryan

Malinovka said...

Aaahhh! Congratulations! Sadie is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how your girls are two opposities--white blond and dark, dark brown. So cute. WOW, Nanc, I cannot believe how fast that went!! I don't remember Erica's birth story, but, man! Way to go! I hope you're feeling all better really soon and that Erica will love Sadie once she gets home. :) SO happy for you guys!

Rich and Natalie said...

Congrats!!!

Brooke said...

see, you beat me after all! and you were so bothered that your due date was really Mar. 18 and not Mar.14... now you have a February baby!

She is beautiful, congratulations to you both. Crazy how fast it went, I'm happy to hear that all is well!

stacey said...

Very cute! It was fun to find out through facebook while we were on a break from running about Sadie (technology is wonderful).

I got a kick out of Erica's comment about your princess dress.

Greg said...

(this is allyson) Oh my goodness--I can't believe how fast your baby came. Luckily you at least got to the hospital.

Sadie is just beautiful and of course we love the name (kind of like EvieJane).

congrats! with your tiny frame, I'm glad you didn't have to go full-term :)

barlows said...

HA! Your first picture and commentary is AWESOME! And whatever, you still look great :) Sadie Jane is PERFECT and it's crazy to see how blond Erica is compared to baby's dark hair. Loved all the details (you know me!) and I want you to know you're a honkin', freakin' WONDERWOMAN to deliver so quickly. Really, that's amazing. You know I was bummed about the migraine, but glad you recovered. I'm thrilled for you . . . will get something in the mail to you soon! LOVE YOU!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Oh she is beautiful! Congrats!!!

Jenn S. said...

Holy Cow Nanc! What a story . . . judging from her speedy arrival my guess is that Sadie will be a super track star like her mama!

Stephanie said...

She is beautiful! And I love her name. What a crazy story. I'm so glad you got there in time! And I'm so glad she is doing well. Sorry to hear about the drugs! I cannot imagine, but I guess now you can say that you've done that. :) Congratulations!

Maren said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Please let my baby come soon...please let my baby come soon...

gretchen said...

Congratulations!!! Sadie Jane is such a beautiful name! I'm so jealous of your fast labor! (but so glad you didn't have to give birth in the Jeep)!

Erik said...

Great news, and all without drugs, never knew you were the hard core hippie type ;o) Thanks for not propegating the myth that moms looking ready for a party right after birth. You look like you won the battle, great pic! Its frustrating living so far from a decent hospital! I know the feeling!

Mindi said...

Wow Nancy. That was fast!!! I know it didn't seem like it for you at the time though! What a beautiful little girl you have. Two beautiful little girls!! CONGRATULATIONS!

MollyE said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you, she is so cute! Wow, you are some woman let me tell ya! Family of four, can you believe it?

Shawn said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! YAY for y'all! And I love the bit about other gal's post-labor glam shots. Kills me. BTW, you look like a glowing mom, as you should!

Whitney Palmer said...

Congrats! I cant believe her super dark hair? was Erica's like that too?