Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Child's Prayer

I just put Erica down and she said her first real prayer. I have to write it down before I forget...

Heavenly Father,

Thank you [for] dada,
Thank you [for] mama,
Thank you [for] Erica,
Thank you [pause...I point at my belly to suggest "baby". She looks at it and decides instead to say] Barney,
Thank you [for] Kayla (our dog),
Thank you [for] food,
Thank you [for] milk,
[I try ending the prayer, but she insists on the very important last line]
Thank you [for] princesses.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

What a great prayer! Erica is so cool.

AND ANOTHER GIRL! PERFECT! YAY! I can't wait to tell Joseph! :)

Unknown said...

oh my gosh that is so adorable!! I LOVE the way she closed her prayer. I can't wait to hear what Raiden has to say one day. I remember my nephew said, "Heavenly Father. Name of Jesus Christ, Amen." haha!

Yay for another girl!

Mindi said...

That is so cute. You are so smart to write it down!

Jenn S. said...

Oh that girl would fit in so perfectly here - yes, thank goodness for princesses!

gretchen said...

That is too cute. I love the last line. :)