Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October Happenings

Troy has worked almost every weekend for the last two months, but he has somehow managed to squeeze a little time in to work on the yard. His most recent project - putting in a brick border around the grass. Once that is finished, we can nail the grass into the ground. I love fake grass.


We also went on the traditional pumpkin patch adventure. It was much more fun this year, but really windy. Erica loved riding in the tractor out to the pumpkin patch and running around the apple tree orchard.


She picked out her own pumpkin and named it "Tinkerbell". She wanted to carry it around all day. This is the only picture I have of her pumpkin. Even though she is not looking, I liked the rest of the picture.



We also made it to the zoo with my cousin Melisa and her cute baby Alli. Erica was actually brave enough to feed the giraffes and touch a snake. I helped with the giraffes, but I did not want to touch the snake.



Finally, I want to know whose child this is? We come home yesterday and Erica runs to put on her high heels, crown and skirt. Then she requests princess music so that she can dance. Did I mention she is obsessed with princesses, loves to wear make-up and is very girly. I don't know where all this came from, but if you know me, you know I had nothing to do with this.

7 comments:

Julie Tegeder said...

princessess!!! Lovi will love to play princesses with her. Christmas will be fun!

Christy said...

loser, tell everyone your pregnant already! I've waited forever for the "guess what? were #2 is on the way" post but nothing. :) Love the princesses. I'm being handed a green hi-heel as we type!

Nicole said...

I love all the cute pics. Erica is so much fun!! Looks like a fun fun fall so far...

Shar said...

She is so cute! I love that she named her pumpkin Tinkerbell.

Annie said...

I guess if you're not the one to blame for the princess obsession, the only other logical influence must be from Troy.

He always wants to talk princesses with us.

Unknown said...

What was on your stomach in the zoo pic? ;) Do tell!

Rick and Eden said...

I think it's super cute that she is so girly. The dress up picture is adorable. Count your blessings...somedays I would love to play dress up instead of light saber fights.