Monday, March 3, 2008

The Front Yard

I finished the patio, and we're finally posting it (I'm on blog duty while Nancee makes cookies. I am definitely getting the better end of this deal!) Note Erica staring at Kayla - one of her favorite things to do as of late. She's so interested in anything the dog does. Maybe I'd get more much attention from my daughter if I also rolled around in dirt and ate off the floor... more often.

At least I don't have to mow the lawn very often. Never, in fact. Here we are by our new agave.


Erica is being subjected to her daddy's palm fettish.
...and again... (we went on a plant buying binge this month)


I reshaped the grounds on this side of our house, planted two rocks, and a golden barrel cactus -none of which need much water. I found that big rock on a campout. It's heavier than it looks.


I did some reshaping of the grounds, redid the rock bed, and transplanted some stuff.

10 comments:

Josh and Pam said...

Come visit us! http://joshandpam.blogspot.com/

I'm sure Troy would love to see a friendly face! (And I don't mean Josh) (haha)

Shawn said...

Your yard looks beautiful!

MollyE said...

Hey looks great. I am already dreading lawn mowing season again. And I can't believe you guys are outside swimming, so jealous!!

Stephanie said...

It looks nice. The weather looks so beautiful there. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

The Jo's said...

Cool hat, Gilligan!

Messimoo said...

Good job! I am very impressed! It looks great!

I'm jealous it is warm enough to go swimming down there. I'm just waiting for it to get warm enough to walking up here!

Lesley said...

It looks awesome! The rocks and new plants look so fancy and professionally landscaped! Nice work.

Erica is looking plump in some of those pictures. My imagination? She is cute as always. Ian recently took interest in animals too. Now Scott thinks he needs a dog. :)

Elizabeth said...

The yard is looking really good, and I love that rock bed. I am sure it has been a ton of work.

Steve and Megan said...

I had the strangest dream about you guys last night. You were pregnant with your 2nd!

The yard looks great!

The snow is melting more and more each day here. I am not ready to put the snowboard away for the season. I am a little sad about it. Did you guys get much snowboarding in this year? :)

james said...

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of you and your yard and house! Good job you guys!