Monday, December 15, 2008

15 Months Old



Erica turned 15 months on December 10th. I can't believe she is already this old. Time seems to go much more quickly once you pass the one year mark. She is at such a fun age and I'm enjoying her more and more. How could you not with a face like that?!!

She is turning out to be quite the jokester. She loves to be silly and make us laugh. She loves to play peek-a-boo, hide and seek and she makes all sorts of funny faces and sounds. She also loves to have her dad throw her in the air or make her fly. On the flip side, she can also be very fussy. It is still better than when she was a baby, but that fuss wears on my nerves!! She is currently suffering from separation anxiety with her mom, which is not fun for me. Thank goodness the happy days outweigh the fussy ones. Here are some updates about her:

Height - 30.5 in (51%)
Weight - 20 lb 13 0z (20%)
Head - 47.5 cm (88%)
  • Teeth - 11
  • Hours sleeping at night - 12
  • Naps during the day - 1 nap (1 1/2 hours)
  • Surgeries - one (tubes)
  • Airplane trips - 7 (Utah, Washington, Utah, Hawaii, California, Washington, Idaho)
  • Music she likes - Dashboard "Vindicated", Amy Adams "How Do You Know" from Enchanted, "Old McDonald", Laurie Berkner "Moon, Moon, Moon", Bingo (she likes to clap along)
  • Books she likes - Loves all books, but especially those with pictures of balls, toothbrushes, bears and shoes (I think this encompasses all children's books)
  • Movies she likes - Baby Signing Time, Baby Einstein, Laurie Berkner, Brainy Baby
  • Words she can say - ball, bear, bone, bra (I know, but she likes "b" words), dada, bye bye, mama, duck
  • Words she can kind of say - shoes ("sh"), shapes ("sha"), star ("ta"), banana ("nana"), water ("wa-wa"), ladybug ("lulu")
  • Words she can sign - we counted about 50+, so I won't list them all here, but generally they include foods, animals, clothing, people and objects. Some favorites are milk, cookie, cracker, dada, grandpa, dog, banana, cell phone, outside and shoes.
  • Body parts she can identify - 11. Showing off her belly is her favorite. She might also try to lift your shirt to check out your belly. Consider yourself warned.
  • Food she likes - All foods, except for coleslaw (just found out). She is generally willing to try anything and has been a fantastic eater. We feel very lucky.
  • Sleep habits - She has to have a knitted blanket. She likes to stick her fingers through the holes. Somehow that is comforting for her. She also uses a pacifier to fall asleep, but she never needs it when she is awake. She goes down easy, most of the time, as long as she is in her own crib.
  • Favorite You Tube Videos - "kitty cat dance", "A Christmas Train", "cat moving closer", "grand canyon train"
  • Favorite Toys - stuffed animals (she loves to cuddle and kiss them), shape sorter, play stroller (she loves to drag it around), any kind of ball (especially if she can throw it for Kayla), the trampoline, magnets (she likes to take them off the fridge and throw them), cell phones, ipod, laptop, toy train, stoller shaped like a car with a steering wheel (I want to get her one for Christmas)

Typical Day - Wake up between 7am-7:30am. Eat cereal and a banana. Play with toys. Go on a run with mom and Kayla in my stroller. Walk around outside in the yard. Possibly jump on the trampoline. Watch a movie for a 1/2 hour. Have more food (yogurt or raisins). Read books. Take a nap from 11:30am-1pm. Have lunch - usually a PB&J sandwich. Go on errands with mom or go to a play group. Come home and have an afternoon snack. Watch a 1/2 hour of another movie. Walk around outside. Play with more toys. Skype with Grandpa. Dad comes home. Have dinner. Play with dad. Read books and sing songs. Go to bed about 7:30pm.

8 comments:

MollyE said...

I can't believe, she gets cuter every post! Fun updates, I have already forgotten these milestones and my baby is only 2 and a half. Sad.

Nicole said...

she is just SO adorable! Love to read about all that she's doing!

Mindi said...

That picture is so cute! I miss her. When will you let us watch her again? We've got to get back to something next year. That is so neat that you wrote all that down. I wish I had done that with my kids. So, are you the one who knows all the sign language?

Unknown said...

I like your stats list! That's a cute picture of her. I used to think she looked exactly like you, but now I think she's a perfect mix of both of you. I think she now has Troy's eyes (at least in that pic), but she still mostly looks like you.
Her percentiles are all over the spectrum! But Raiden is little like Erica.

Shar said...

I love the list you made. I'll have to do something like that for Kapria's update. I've been meaning to get to it latey and haven't had the time...

anyway, they sound so much alike! every time I read your blog I wish we were closer so they could play together. Erica - you are so adorable!

Messimoo said...

She is ADORABLE! Too cute, that's for sure! I was a little behind on your blog and just read about her surgery. T had to have surgery for a hernia when he was 17 months. It was the worst thing to have to go through! So glad to hear Erica's went well!

alexandra said...

She is totally cute! I love that you took the time to make this list of things, too. I was bad about that with my first child, so, bucking the trend, I have been much better with tiny Will (#2).

Unknown said...

We miss you guys too! Erica needs to show Raiden around the tent so he's not so scared.