Sunday, November 2, 2008

How Did You Celebrate November 1st?

I just wanted to remember (and brag) that we got to swim February through November this year. I feel like this makes up for the months of 100+ degree weather during the summer.

Oh yeah, and we also celebrated Halloween the day before. This was not as exciting for Erica.

This next costume was a little warm for the 85 degree weather Halloween night, but we thought we should take a photo of it anyway. Thanks Aunt Jane.
After trick-or-treating to about five houses, Erica was done for the night, to the disappointment of her parents. We let her try her first real piece of candy - a Tootsie Pop. She did not let this thing go for about 30 minutes. Then, when it was time to put her to bed, she went CRAZY!! Running and screaming...I'm sure every parent has experienced the sugar high, but this was our first. We actually found it pretty amusing. Then we had a quick crash and she went right to sleep. Would it be wrong to give her a sucker every night about a 1/2 hour before bedtime?!


Also, a few weeks ago we went to the pumpkin patch. I just didn't get a chance to put pictures up yet.

13 comments:

julie said...

love that photo of you and your baby girl at the bottom of the post -- so cute. 85 degrees on halloween? swimming february to november! this sounds awesome!!!

Whitney Palmer said...

she is so cute, and sugar highs are the worst but the funniest when you have one kid, but Im sure as youve seen your nieces and nephews get crazy when there's more than one! (cant wait)

Nicole said...

such cute pics!! I cracked up over the sugar high. i think weston is on a perpetual sugar high. maybe i should take away the fruit snacks. haha.
and i am very jealous over the pool. very.

Mindi said...

Cute pictures. It was very warm this year. How was the temperature in the pool? I heard they may not warm it through the winter.

Cristin said...

Well... you may have gone swimming, but we trick or treated in short sleeves. (You probably did too.)

kellie said...

She could wear a paper bag for a costume and still be the cutest little thing!

Dangcutekids said...

I think the bed-time sucker is a great idea! It's probably a lot like everyone else having dessert after dinner then crashing right? You guys are such incredible parents to wait this long to start candy...impressive!!

RR said...

yeah, let's make some trail mix! we can use it if we ever go hiking, too.

Aubry Wilkes said...

Nancee- so I checked with my brother and he served with Presidents Merrill and Manzhos. I think this might be before your time though. I found a cool website called mission.net/ukraine/donetsk where you can search for alumni and past presidents. Anyway, as the sister of someone who served there, I believe you served in an awesome mission. I'm sure you agree.

Annie said...

def--def--definitely not rainman. I'm definitely not the rainman.

Thank you Troy for the comparison. Though I thought the fact that we had a Star Wars wedding reception would have tipped you off to my extreme intelligence earlier.

Molly M said...

How can little Erica be so CUTE?! 15 days and counting till Thanksgiving! Yay! I call baby first!

RR said...

I'm waiting for a new post! BTW did you know you can schedule posts? I just figured that out.

The Jo's said...

ok...time to update!!