Tuesday, July 1, 2008

30 and MAUI

Yesterday was my 30th birthday. It doesn't feel any different than 29 and was actually a pretty uneventful day. Troy went to work and I hung out with Erica. I did get lots of calls and emails and texts and Skypes from family and friends so that was nice. Troy took me out for a romantic dinner (as romantic as you can get when a 9 month old is sitting next to you, dropping everything on the ground). Troy got me some new running shoes and a fondue pot. I can't wait to dip cinnamon bears in chocolate. Yum.

In bigger news, we are actually doing the real celebrating starting tomorrow. We leave early in the morning for a week long trip to MAUI!! We are going to visit our friends Melissa and Marek. We've been planning this trip for months and can't believe it is finally here. I will blog all about it when we get back. I'm sure the plane ride will be full of many stories.

Happy Fourth of July!!

12 comments:

M and M Madsen said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY Birthday! You look like you are about 21, so turning 30 is no biggy. Take lots and lots of pictures in Hawaii - I am very jealous!

gretchen said...

Happy Birthday! :) I'm so jealous that you're celebrating in Hawaii--have fun! :)

Erik said...

Yea for Old People!

Christy said...

I am such a bad friend! happy belated birthday! Have fun in Hawii, don't forget the benydryl!
C

Shar said...

Happy GOLDEN birthday! What a perfect way to celebrate...in Hawaii! I would say "have lots of fun" but how can you not?!

can't wait to see photos. I can't show Trav or he'll be jealous. We're going to NY for his graduation celebration. He would prefer Hawaii...but it's just not in the budget for us this year. Maybe when he's a famous artist. :o)

Unknown said...

Your dinner sounded romantic. :)

Good luck traveling with the little one! I will need travel wisdom when you return, since we will be taking Raiden someday.

Can't wait to see all the pics! We should have a fondue night at our house sometime- Ryan got me one for valentine's day.

Unknown said...

Oh true...golden bday! Mine was last year. Hooray for goldens. haha

Andi said...

Happy Birthday!

Have a great time in Maui... especially getting there. :)

{priscilla} said...

Happy Birthday! You're gonna LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it in maui! It's sooo gosh dang beautiful! Don't forget to watch the sunset everynight....it's breathtaking! Have fun!

MollyE said...

Happy Birthday Nancee!! I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great time on your birthday trip!

Nicole said...

This is your birthday song, it isn't very long, HOORAY!!
Happy Birthday Nance!! What an awesome awesome way to celebrate. Can't wait to see all the pics. Oh man,I am jealous, but OH so excited for you!
Love ya