Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm Famous (sort of)!!!!

A couple people have now seen my published joke in Reader's Digest. My subscription ran out, so I haven't actually seen it, but it goes something like this:

I recently called a popular airline to inform them that I would be traveling with an infant. Our conversation went like this:

Airline Agent: Your name?
Me: Nancee
Airline Agent: Last name?
Me: Tegeder
Airline Agent: Your infant's first name?
Me: Erica
Airline Agent: Her last name?
Me: The same.
Airline Agent: Erica Erica?

Now they are supposed to pay me anywhere from $100-$300 for this joke, but I haven't heard or received anything. Way to go Reader's Digest.

7 comments:

Lesley said...

I don't get it?

Shar said...

You should make a copy of the joke and send it in asking for your payment :)
Which month is it in?? My in-laws just bought us a subscription! I've been reading it over the past week while I feed Kapria...I haven't gotten to your joke yet. I hope it's in my copy! now I'm going to go read all the joke sections. wAy to go!

gretchen said...

Seriously, did that really happen??? I always love reading those at the doctor's office! :)

Liz said...

I was going to comment on that today but you already wrote about it! It was so cool to see that!

Nicole said...

That is so funny! (the joke...did it really happen?) and how cool to be in RD. Hmmm...let us know if you ever get paid... :) Thanks for the laugh!

Lesley said...

PS: The previous comment by "me" was actually by Scott. I totally get the joke. I'll explain it to him when he's older.

I also LOVE the RD jokes. I think that is the coolest way possible to become famous. Way to go Tegs!

barlows said...

That is funny!